Monday, August 11, 2014

Dining at Be Our Guest Restaurant


The Be Our Guest Restaurant is a beautiful dining venue at the foot of Beast's Castle in the new Fantasyland section of the Magic Kingdom. When you pass through the gateway and walk across the stone bridge and through wrought-iron gates, you enter the restaurant, which is the inside of Beast's Castle.

My family and I ate here on our last trip in August 2013 - for both lunch and dinner. Both times the food was delicious.


We had dinner reservations on our first night at the World, and were very, very impressed with the design and decor, and my daughter was thrilled to be in Beast's Castle.  She loves Beauty and the Beast, and being in the castle was like being in the movie.  There are three dining areas - the grand ballroom where we were seated, the rose gallery, and the west wing.  Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to see the rose gallery or the west wing.


My husband and I both ordered the grilled strip steak with garlic-herb butter and french fries for dinner, which was delicious - very tender and cooked to perfection.  I was particularly pleased, since I was put on a gluten free/dairy free diet by my doctor just three days prior to our trip. After letting our waiter know that I had a special needs diet, the chef came out to speak with me about what I could eat, which was pretty much every entree on the menu.  I didn't mention my dairy restriction - I cheated for a couple of days... what?  I was at Disney!... I wanted to enjoy it!


Our daughter had the grilled steak with fries, which she said was delicious. Nope - no hamburgers at this place.  Their children's menu was awesome and not the usual children's meals.  Kids' options include baked macaroni & cheese, chicken, grilled cheese and tomato soup, grilled fish, grilled steak, and meatloaf - much healthier options than some other table service restaurants.


Desserts offered a choice of various cupcakes and cream puffs (including a GF cream puff) which were delicious.


Some guests have reported being able to get the "grey stuff" as a special celebration dessert, but I'm hearing it is now available to everyone as a cupcake.  


What's the grey stuff, you ask?  As fans of Beauty and the Beast will recall, Lumiere and the dishes serenade Belle, suggesting that she:


 "Try the grey stuff, it's delicious.  Don't believe me?  Ask the dishes!"


It just wouldn't be right to not have the grey stuff for dessert in Beast's Castle!!!

After dinner, we were told that Beast was waiting for us in his study.  Our daughter got a thrill out of meeting him in his formal wear.  He couldn't sign her autograph book (his paws are too big), but he did pose for pictures with her.  She loved it!


By the way, if you're eating in the grand ballroom, take a look out the windows for a nice surprise.




Lunch is no less fabulous.  Imagine having a counter service lunch in such an elegant setting.

When we entered the castle on the last day of our trip, we were directed to a cast member or kiosk to place our order.  The options for lunch are incredible.  

Main Menu -- Click to Enlarge

My husband ordered the roast beef sandwich and said it was delicious, as was my carved turkey sandwich (the gluten free version).  If you didn't know it was gluten free, you just wouldn't have guessed!  Our daughter had the Mrs. Potts' Platter, and she loved it.

Desserts once again consisted of yummy cupcakes and cream puffs.

It was a wonderful dining experience each time and by far the best counter service meal we had.

I always recommend to family and friends that they have dinner there.  Or lunch.  Or better yet - both!!!

I hope you've found this restaurant review to be helpful and that you get a chance to enjoy a meal there in the future.

Until next time, don't forget to keep the Mouse in your house.

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment