Although I LOVE going to Disney World, I HATE packing for it! (Or any other trip.)
But, that's all a part of getting to Disney, so I grind my teeth and get to it.
So, what should you be packing and hopefully not forgetting?
First, just remember that, although Disney carries most everything you need, you'll pay a premium for it, so you may as well bring it from home.
Here's a list of some things you won't want to forget:
1. Wet Ones antibacterial wipes. I always put a few packets into my backpack when we go into the parks. That way, once we're ready to eat a snack or a meal, we just wipe away all of the bacteria we picked up while we were having fun (yes, it is Disney, but there are germs there too, people!).
2. All medications you'll need, whether prescription or over the counter. Please don't forget Benadryl if you're allergic to anything! The resort shops do sell some over the counter medications, but, again, you'll pay a premium. Also, if they don't have what you need, you may end up having to get a taxi to run you over to the nearest pharmacy off property. So you're going to spend money and lose time from your vacation.
3. If you have asthma, don't forget your inhaler and an extra one just in case one gets lost.
4. If you wear contacts, don't forget to bring a couple of extra pair and your saline solution - it wouldn't be any fun to lose a contact and be blind for the rest of your vacation. There's a lot to see at WDW, so you don't want to miss out on it.
5. Hats and sunblock - you'll need them to help protect you against the strong Florida sun.
6. If you are a gum chewer, make sure you bring gum with you. You can't buy gum on any Disney property - for obvious reasons. So, if you want it, either bring it with you or make do without it for the duration of your trip.
7. Don't forget your batteries, photo and video cameras, your cell phones, extra memory cards, and the corresponding chargers. You'll want to capture all of the magic, and you're going to be pretty upset if you can't.
8. Some plastic utensils for eating in your room. If you're taking cereal down with you, don't forget to take a plastic bowl and some dish detergent - that way you can wash and reuse it!
9. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc., if you don't like using the ones they provide at hotels.
10. An extra change of clothes in your carry-on bag, in case your luggage is misplaced. If you're using the Magical Express, please note that it can take up to 3 hours before your luggage is delivered to your room.
11. All of your travel documents, including a copy of your itinerary for your days in the parks with your dining confirmation numbers.
As to the type of clothing you'll need to pack, that will depend on when you're traveling to the World: If you're going in the summer, definitely bring a sweater or light jacket because it gets very cold on the buses, in the restaurants, shops, and in the resorts. If you're visiting in the winter, you can check www.orlandosentinel.com/weather for the most accurate weather in Orlando; however, you should definitely pack some warmer clothes as it can get cold at times.
You can go to http://wdwprepschool.com/the-ultimate-disney-world-packing-list/ for a more complete list of what you'll need to pack for your trip.
I hope this is helpful, and until next time, remember to keep the Mouse in your house!