Monday, July 14, 2014

7/14/14 - Welcome to The Mouse In Our House...

No!... Not that kind of mouse!... The Mouse... The one and only - Mickey Mouse.  

I am passionate about many things in my life - first and foremost, my family - my husband, Manny, and our daughter, Sabrina.  Then there's reading, family time, my faith, The Real Housewives Franchise (yes, all of it! LOL), Bravo, and, of course, shopping!

And then.... there's the Mouse... Yes, Mickey Mouse, the one that started it all.  I LOVE Walt Disney World, and nothing makes me happier than getting our family there.  Suffice it to say, we are now a Disney family.  

Although I had visited Walt Disney World a few times, I really became passionate about it in 2010, when we took our daughter for the very first time at the age of 3.  As an added bonus, it was my husband's first time too.  He was somewhat skeptical at first - he thought it was for kids.  Well... it's become one of his favorite vacation destinations - a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10, so he tells me!

On that first trip with our daughter, I became addicted to the joy of seeing her meet her favorite characters and princesses for the very first time.  It was incredible watching her meet Mickey and Minnie, and it was even more special that they were the first ones she met.  

But, if there was one defining moment that sums up that entire trip for me, it was breakfast with the princesses at Akershus in the Norway Pavilion in EPCOT.  As we entered the banquet hall, Sabrina, dressed as Princess Tiana, of The Princess & The Frog, a stuffed Ray in hand, was led to the waiting Belle for a picture.  It was adorable.  But, when the staff brought over the picture that they had taken, tears instantly sprang to my eyes.  There was my baby, dressed as a princess, holding the hand of one of her favorite princesses, all smiles, and looking beautiful.  To this day, that picture hangs framed in her bedroom and is one of my favorite and clearest memories.

Since then, we've gone back to Disney twice - in 2012 and 2013, and are working on our next trip.  Watching Sabrina's excitement at seeing and meeting her favorite characters just makes me incredibly happy.

I love EVERYTHING Disney!  I'm always looking for a little Disney in my life which has now led me to listening to Disney podcasts.  Nothing gets me through a long day like putting on my earphones and downloading a podcast.  My absolute favorites are 3 Moms And The Mouse and The Resort Loop.  They offer so much wonderful information and are funny as well.  I love them!

Well, that's it for tonight.  Not too bad for a first time, I think.

Till next time, may the Mouse be with you!

Monica




No comments:

Post a Comment